Reflexology is a therapeutic foot massage involving a focussed pressure approach. It is a natural, non-invasive gentle massage method based on the idea that there are areas, pressure points and reflexes on our feet which correspond to and are relative to all parts, glands and organs of our entire body. When those reflexes are stimulated by massaging or applying pressure on a particular spot on the foot, the body’s natural healing energy works along with the nervous system and electrical energy to clear blockages in the corresponding areas of the body. This process returns our body to a state of homeostasis. Homeostasis is a form of equilibrium; the ability to maintain internal stability within the body regardless of outside environmental stressors.
In addition to clearing blockages, Reflexology treatments, through manipulation of specific reflexes, have many benefits, including but not limited too:
- Removing stress and enhancing relaxation
- Improving circulation and metabolism
- Bringing clarity to the Mind-Body connection
- Increasing elimination of toxic bi-products through breaking up deposits
- Increasing energy levels and optimizing endorphin release
- And more!
From Dominika’s over 10 years of experience in Reflexology, she has observed benefits to many stress related ailments, such as:
- Migraines, tension and sinus headaches
- Allergies and Sensitivities
- Back and joint pain
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Digestive problems (including heart burn, IBS, constipation)
- Sleeplessness, anxiety and depression
- Menstrual irregularities, infertility, pregnancy-related symptoms, insufficient lactation, post-partum health
What can you expect in a session?
You will rest comfortably on your back, with only the feet and lower calves exposed to the Reflexologist. There is continuous communication between the Reflexologist and the client to allow for observations of your response and to answer any questions that may come up during the session.
Reflexology is safe and beneficial for all ages and individuals, from infancy to elderly.
Interested in booking a Reflexology appointment? Please click here.